NMRC TRAIN AND BUS SERVICES TO BE SUSPENDED ON SUNDAY
Noida, March 20, 2020
Noida Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (NMRC) has decided not to run its Metro train and City Bus services on Sunday (22nd March 2020).
This step has been taken by NMRC in accordance with the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi’s message to the citizens of the country to impose ‘Janta Curfew’ on Sunday (22nd March 2020) as a preventive measure to contain the spread of the deadly Corona Virus.
NMRC has been taking proactive measures to spread awareness regarding the virus and ensure that its premises and trains are clean and sanitized. The measures being taken by NMRC in this regard is as follows:
- Special intensive Cleaning and Sanitation Drives are being undertaken at all NMRC premises including the stations, Crew Control lobby, Operations Control Centre (OCC) and inside the trains.
- Trains are being cleaned and sanitized thoroughly in the Depot Station after every trip.
- Regular announcements are being made at every station regarding maintaining adequate social distance and washing the hands in the washrooms available of the metro stations.
- Toilets / washrooms at all the stations are being cleaned and disinfected at regular intervals.
- NMRC is ensuring regular cleanliness of areas of “public touching” like Escalator Handrails, Staircase Railings, AFC Gates, Lift buttons, switches, etc. inside the stations and Hand Support, Train Doors, Seats, etc. inside the trains.
- For the safety of the NMRC staff deployed at stations, masks and gloves have been provided to the staff involved in housekeeping activities and frisking of the passengers.
- Intensive cleaning of trains is being done every night in the Depot after closure of commercial operations.
- Noida Metro’s staff has been sensitized regarding Do’s and Don’ts and guidelines have been circulated among the NMRC staff to prevent the spread of Corona Virus.
- Banners and other displays to generate awareness regarding the Corona Virus have been displayed at NMRC premises. Corona Advisory has been placed by NMRC at 8 locations at each metro station.
- Breath Analyser Machine is being sanitized frequently to avoid infections.
- All NMRC staff has been instructed to follow basic protective measures advised by Health Ministry.
- NMRC buses are also being cleaned and disinfected after every trip.
- In order to educate the NMRC staff and officers, workshops have been organized in NMRC premises by Dr. Sudhir Sharma, Medical Consultant, NMRC in which he explained about the causes and symptoms of the virus and the ways to prevent oneself and the people nearby from getting infected. Dr. Sharma also explained in detail about the use of masks and sanitizers and busted the various myths around the deadly virus.
NMRC also urges all Metro commuters and citizens to maintain social distancing and avoid using public transport until extremely essential. NMRC all requests everybody to follow the guidelines issued by the Health Ministry and cooperate with one another with patience to curtail the spread of this virus.
Deputy General Manager
Noida Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.